Ive made pizza at home ever since I was in college. With years passed I tried many recipes but I never got the result like We get in restaurant using the tradition wood and stone toven but with time Ive started To understand that before baking the pizza you should preheat your oven To very high temperature like 250°C for at least 45mins with a pizza stone or tray inside then when you bake it you reduce the Heat To 200°C then you Will get the closest result well crisp bottom fluffy inside . For me the best result is using half white bread flour and half all purpose flour. Now of course you can use only all purpose flour
250grms all purpose flour
250grms bread flour
2 packet of instant yeast
1 cup. Lukewarm milk
1/4 cup lukewarm water
4 tbsp of olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1. Sift both flours together with salt
2. In a large bowl add In water, milk sugar and yeast. Allow to sit for 5mins
3. Add in olive oil followed by flour. Mix everything together. Note that depending on flours you might need a little more lukewarm water but be careful do not add too much.
4. Transfer the mixture To your counter surface and knead for a good 10mins until dough is soft and elastic.
5. Put the dough into a greased bowl cover with a clean kitchen towel allow To rise for one hour or until dough double in size.
6. I use this amount of dough to make two large pizzas.
7. Once dough has risen deflate cut into two. Using fine semolina on your counter stretch the dough into a round shape with your hands.
8. Start To put your tomato sauce and your mozzarella with any topping you want
9. Keep In a warm place. In the meantime preheat oven 250°C with an inverted tray or pizza stone inside for at least 30mins
10. Flip the pizza over the hot tray, reduce Heat To 200-190°C bake for 15-20mins
11. Here I am serving it with my homemade pizza oil and homemade Green chilli paste. Note that the tomato sauce I used is also homemade.
Homemade spicy pizza oil is way better than the commercial one. It taste better and the most important thing is that you can use an organic oil to prepare it, which is best for your health. It is so easy to make. Requires only a handful of Ingredients .
1 1/4cup organic sunflower oil
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 tsp of dry herbe de provence
1/4 tsp of dry oregano leaves
A pinch of dry thyme
1/4 tsp coriander seeds
10 whole black pepper grain
2 dry red chilli broken into half
1. Heat oil In a pan
2. Add in the two cloves of garlic and fry for 2mins
3. Remove from heat allow To cool down a little bit around 2-3mins then add In the rest of the Ingredients. Stir with a wooden spoon for the oil to infuse the flavour
4. Allow to cool down to room temperature and transfer In a bottle or a jar. Remember to put every bit of the spices in your bottle or jar.
5. Serve over hot pizza, and can also be brushed over the pizza dough before baking to give more flavours.
Today I’m sharing a Mauritian salsa recipe made with homemade lemon preserved ( I Will share the lemon preserved recipe in another post). This salsa is bitter sweet which goes so well with fish menu. The best thing is that it is so easy and yet so delicious
2 preserved lemons
1/2 tsp mustard powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp packed brown sugar
1 tbsp olive oil
1 green chilli
salt to taste
blend everything together and serve
250grms self raising flour
200grms butter at room temperature
1/4 cup sourcream
1/2 cup fresh grated coconut
For the custard filling
1 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup sugar
3 egg yolks
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 small can thick nestle cream or 1 cup whipped double cream
1 cup Fresh coconut toasted
1. Grease a 24cm cake mould Line with parchment paper
2. Preheat oven 180°C
3. In a bowl add butter and whisk for 1 min with an electric mixer
4. Then add sugar and cream for 5-7mins until light and fluffy
5. Add in eggs one by one continue creaming
6. Add buttercream, vanilla and the fresh grated coconut mix everything well
7. Now add in flour in two batches mixing on low speed
8. Transfer the batter into the mould and bake for around 40mins or while pricking with a knife In the Middle it should come out clean.
9. Transfer the cake on a cooling rack and start preparing the pastry cream
10. PASTRY CREAM: In a saucepan heat coconut milk with vanilla essence
11. In a bowl cream egg yolks sugar and cornstarch
12. When the milk comes to boiling point remove from heat
13. Add a little to the egg mixture to temper it whisking quickly
14. Then add the rest of the milk whisking everything together.
15. Transfer the mixture to the saucepan. Cook whisking constantly until the cream thicken .
16. Remove from the saucepan transfer to a bowl. Cover with plastic film touching the surface of the cream to prevent the formation of a skin. Allow to cool.
17. Put the canned nestle cream In the fridge for 10mins
18. Cut the cake into two layers
19. Once the pastry cream has cool down add In the cold nestle cream and whisk with an electric mixer until pastry cream is smooth
20. Now add half of the cream in one layer sprinkle some toasted coconut
21. Cover with the other layer
22. Add the rest of the cream on top smooth out with a spatula then sprinkle the rest of the coconut. Let sit for at least 30mins before serving.
Brownie is something that no one can refuse. Each chef has their own statement recipe for brownie. The following recipe is a moist brownie made of bitter sweet Chocolate and sour cream.
90grms all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
50grms pure Cocoa powder
125grms semi sweet chocolate melted
1/2 cup sour cream
85grms butter at room temperature.
1 tsp coffee extract
1. Grease a tin 8×8 inches ans sprinkle some flour and preheat oven 180°c
2. In a bowl sift flour Cocoa powder and baking powder together then add salt and
3. In another bowl beat sugar and butter together until light and fluffy with a hand
4. Add eggs one at a time and keep on beating. Add vanilla extract.
5. Now add half of the flour mixture and mix at low speed then follow by half of the
sour cream. Proceed the same way for the rest of the flour mixture and sour cream.
6. Add in melted chocolate and just combine into the batter.
7. Pour the batter In the greased tin and bake for around 20mins. When pricking with a
knife, it should comes out clear without any batter on it, then you Know Its cooked.
8. Cut into squares sprinkle with icing sugar. Serve with strawberries or with ice-cream
or serve it alone. Happy cooking.
NOTE: if you want To make Nutella brownie just skip the bittersweet Chocolate and instead add 3 tbsp of Nutella. You can also add chocolate chips In the batter to make double chocolate brownie or you can add cherry, nuts, Orange zest. Anything you want.