Savory cake is so popular during parties. There are so many variations of them but my favorite is red pepper onion and cheese savory cake. Here is my version of doing it.
1 1/2 cup cake flour
1 cup of milk
1/2 cup of yogurt
1 egg beaten
75g melted butter
1/2 cup cheese of your choice
1/2 red bell pepper finely chopped and saute with 1 small chopped onion in 1 tbsp olive oil.
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp paprika
Some black pepper
1. Grease a cake tin 25cm with butter and sprinkle with flour
2. Preheat oven 180°c
3. In a bowl mix milk, yogurt, melted butter, salt, pepper, egg.
4. Throw in the pepper,onion, paprika, Cheese. Mix well
5. Add in flour just mix until just combine. Do not overmix
6. Pour into the prepared mould and bake for 30-40mins
7. Serve as appetiser or during brunch
250grms self raising flour
200grms butter at room temperature
1/4 cup sourcream
1/2 cup fresh grated coconut
For the custard filling
1 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup sugar
3 egg yolks
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 small can thick nestle cream or 1 cup whipped double cream
1 cup Fresh coconut toasted
1. Grease a 24cm cake mould Line with parchment paper
2. Preheat oven 180°C
3. In a bowl add butter and whisk for 1 min with an electric mixer
4. Then add sugar and cream for 5-7mins until light and fluffy
5. Add in eggs one by one continue creaming
6. Add buttercream, vanilla and the fresh grated coconut mix everything well
7. Now add in flour in two batches mixing on low speed
8. Transfer the batter into the mould and bake for around 40mins or while pricking with a knife In the Middle it should come out clean.
9. Transfer the cake on a cooling rack and start preparing the pastry cream
10. PASTRY CREAM: In a saucepan heat coconut milk with vanilla essence
11. In a bowl cream egg yolks sugar and cornstarch
12. When the milk comes to boiling point remove from heat
13. Add a little to the egg mixture to temper it whisking quickly
14. Then add the rest of the milk whisking everything together.
15. Transfer the mixture to the saucepan. Cook whisking constantly until the cream thicken .
16. Remove from the saucepan transfer to a bowl. Cover with plastic film touching the surface of the cream to prevent the formation of a skin. Allow to cool.
17. Put the canned nestle cream In the fridge for 10mins
18. Cut the cake into two layers
19. Once the pastry cream has cool down add In the cold nestle cream and whisk with an electric mixer until pastry cream is smooth
20. Now add half of the cream in one layer sprinkle some toasted coconut
21. Cover with the other layer
22. Add the rest of the cream on top smooth out with a spatula then sprinkle the rest of the coconut. Let sit for at least 30mins before serving.
Today’s recipe is an indian sweet “carrot halwa” I am going to make it the Way my mother prepares it, since I am not from India Maybe the recipe Will not be totally the same. Its mostly a Mauritian recipe.
1 kg grated carrots
1 1/4 L full cream milk
1 canned of sweet condense milk
2 cinnamon sticks
3 cardamom pods
1 tsp cardamom powder
Pinch of salt
Pinch of nutmeg
2 tbsp ghee ( clarified butter)
Pistachio, almond, hazelnut or any nuts you want to decorate
1. Put the carrots in a heavy bottom pan together with the 1 1/4 litre of milk with
cardamom pods, nutmeg and cinnamon sticks and allow to boil on high heat for 20mins or
until carrots soften and starts to reduce stirring each 10mins.
2. Reduce heat to medium and continue to Cook.
3. After around 15 more minutes of cooking add the sweet condense milk stir and
continue to cook stirring constantly until all liquid evaporate. Taste it. If you want it
sweeter then add some sugar. Keep on cooking.
4. Add the ghee and keep stirring.
5. The halwa is done when completely dries out. Switch off the heat. Add the
cardamom powder and nuts mix well. Serve hot or cold.
Hello everyone it’s been a long time since I haven’t post anything on my website I was so busy but now I’m going to add new recipe more often, today I’m going to share a garlic roll which is super tasty and very soft inside and flavourful.
- 250grams all purpose flour
- 2 tsps of yeast( I used dry yeast
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 50grams melted butter
- warm milk approximately just to make a nice soft dough but not a sticky one
GARLIC BUTTER INGREDIENTS:
- 2 tbsp of butter at room temperature
- 1 tsp of extra vergin olive oil
- 2 tbsp of finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp of finely chopped garlic
- pinch of salt
- Sieve the flour in a large bowl and then add all the dry ingredients
- mix gently all the ingredients with a wooden spoon
- make a well at the center then add the egg and melted butter then add some warm milk and start to mix up, add milk little by little until all the flour cling together to form a nice dough
- knead the dough on a flat surface for around 10-12mins, the more you knead the softer the final result will be
- brush some oil over the dough cover it and leave it to double in size for around 1hour
- in the meantime prepare the garlic butter by mixing all ingredients together in a bowl and keep aside
- now after the dough has double in size roll it on a flour surface in a large rectangular size quarter inch thickness
- apply the garlic butter all over the dough and roll it tightly just like rolling a swiss roll
- cut into pieces of 4-5cms and arrange them close together on a greased baking tray, here I used a glass tart tray but you can you any baking tray
- brush the roll with butter or some extra vergin olive oil and cover and let the rolls double in size
- preheat oven 180 C for 10mins
- spread some sesame seeds on the rolls if you like
- bake for around 25-30mins
- once you take theme out of the oven cover with a kitchen towel for a softer result
For the first time i’ve tried a “no bake cheesecake” and it turns out to be really yummy. Its very easy to do, but I would really suggest to make it without any base, because it must be kept in fridge for 4-5hours to set and the base might turn out to be too hard after being removed from the fridge. Here i’ve set it in individual mould.
- 250grms mascarpone cheese
- 7 oz sweet condense milk
- 3ml lemon juice
- vanilla essence
- Put the mascarpone cheese in a bowl and beat with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy
- Gradually add the condense milk and keep on beating
- Finally add the lemon juice and vanilla essence and beat for further 2mins
- fill in mould and put in fridege to set for around 4-5hrs
- Remove from fridge only 30mins before serving
- Here ive served it with a strawberry coulis, it can also be seved with fresh fruit, it depends on the person’s taste
The passion of delightful cooking
via The passion of delightful cooking.