Fruit tart is very easy to make. The following recipe is more like a french fruit tart where you use pastry cream to fill the sweet shortcrust or pate sablée and then you top with fruits of your choice. And finally glaze with any glaze of your choice.
1 portion of my pâte sablée https://sabaahkitchendelights.com/2016/07/17/sweet-shortcrust-pastrypate-sablee/
1 portion of my pastry cream https://sabaahkitchendelights.com/2016/07/17/french-pastry-cream/
Fruits of your choice
1. Preheat oven 160°c
2. Grease a 10 inches tart mould
3. Using my pate sablée roll out on a flour surface .Note that for you to move the
pastry easily therefore preventing it from sticking to your work surface use à spatula
or knife coated In flour and slide it underneath the pastry each time you are rolling it.
4. Fold it on your rolling it and take the rolling pin to unfold the pastry over the mould.
5. Remove any overlapping parts . Prick with a fork and put back In refrigerator for
6. Bake the crust for 20mins or until lightly golden brown.
7. Once cool remove from the mould and fill with cold pastry cream and top with fruits.
8. Using any glaze of your choice glaze the fruits.
Also Known as pâte sablée this recipe is really amazing for all sweet tarts. It can also be use to make basic cookies. Here Ive used icing sugar to give it more a mouthmelting taste like shortbread cookies.
250grms sifted flour
125grms unsalted butter at room temperature
65gms icing sugar
Pinch of salt
1. Cream butter and sugar with a hand or electric whisk
2. Add In egg and continue creaming
3. Add In flour and salt, mix until just combine.
4. Refrigerate the dough for 30mins before rolling.
5. This recipe fits In a 10inches tart mould easily
Homemade strawberry jam
500grms fresh strawberry
1 tbsp lemon juice
50grms almond powder
2-3 tbsp water
Pinch of salt
Fresh strawberries cut into slices
1. In a saucepan add In all Ingredients for strawberry jam and allow to simmer on
medium heat. Once mixture thicken, becomes darker In colour then the jam is ready.
2. In a bowl add In flour, almond powder and salt. Mix together. Add In butter and rub In
until everything combine and no butter lumps remained. Add In water and Mix into a
3. Allow to rest for 20mins.
4. Grease a 24cm tart mould . Preheat oven 180°c.
5. Roll 3/4 of the dough 1/2 inch thick and cover The pan. Spread over The jam and top
with The sliced strawberries and sprinkle 1 tbsp confectionner sugar
6. Roll out The remaining dough cut into long strips and cover The tart. Brush with egg
7. Bake for 20mins.
8. Serve with tea .
This is a classic french tart which is not that difficult to make, it is a fabulous tart fill with frangipane
- 250grams all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 160grams butter at room temp
- 30grams sugar
- 100g ground almonds
- 100g icing sugar
- 100g melted butter
- 1 Egg
- 10g cornflour
- Vanilla essence
1 can of pears in syrup
- Start by making the pastry :Sieve the flour and icing sugar together and mix add the butter and mix togrhter with a wooden spoon then rub in the butte in the flour until the mixture has become like a crumble. Add the beaten egg and bring together to form a round shape. Wrap in cling film and pop to relax for around 1 hour
- Then make the almond cream(frangipane):Put the ground almonds, icing sugar and corn flour into a bowl. Add the vanilla essence and egg and mix well then pop it into the refrigerator.
- Take the pears out of the syrub slice them but let them cling together do not disarrange them
- After one hour take the pastry and put it on a flouring pastry board or on your kitchen countertop then roll the pastry out to about ½ cm thick to fit a tart tin
- Unroll the pastry over the greased tart tin and trim the edges and press the top the pastry.
- Pour the almond cream in and smooth it over and arrange the like a cross then distribute the the rest of the pears on each side of the cross so that each slice will have some pears over it
- Bake in preheated oven for around 45mins
- After the tart is cooked let it cool down 10mins then remove from baking tin and brush with warm abricot nappage and serve