Fruit tart is very easy to make. The following recipe is more like a french fruit tart where you use pastry cream to fill the sweet shortcrust or pate sablée and then you top with fruits of your choice. And finally glaze with any glaze of your choice.
1 portion of my pâte sablée https://sabaahkitchendelights.com/2016/07/17/sweet-shortcrust-pastrypate-sablee/
1 portion of my pastry cream https://sabaahkitchendelights.com/2016/07/17/french-pastry-cream/
Fruits of your choice
1. Preheat oven 160°c
2. Grease a 10 inches tart mould
3. Using my pate sablée roll out on a flour surface .Note that for you to move the
pastry easily therefore preventing it from sticking to your work surface use à spatula
or knife coated In flour and slide it underneath the pastry each time you are rolling it.
4. Fold it on your rolling it and take the rolling pin to unfold the pastry over the mould.
5. Remove any overlapping parts . Prick with a fork and put back In refrigerator for
6. Bake the crust for 20mins or until lightly golden brown.
7. Once cool remove from the mould and fill with cold pastry cream and top with fruits.
8. Using any glaze of your choice glaze the fruits.
Pastry cream is one of the most preferred cream In France, it is used in many desserts especially fruit tarts. The recipe below is an easy recipe which you can use In tarts , choux , éclairs, sandwiching cake layers etc.
5 egg yolks
1 1/2 cup of whole milk
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup cornflour or custard powder
1 tbsp unsalted butter
1. In a heavy bottom saucepan pour milk and bring to boil over medium heat
2. In a bowl add In egg yolk, sugar, vanilla essence and cornflour, cream with a handwhisk or electric whisk until mixture whiten.
3. Pay attention to the milk, it only needs to come to a boiling point but it should not
boil. You Will Know that it has reached boiling point when you notice small bubbles
of air around the milk around saucepan border.
4. Gradually pour In the hot milk In a thin stream and keep on whisking at the same
time. This is to temper the egg.
5. Now return the mixture In the saucepan and place over the heat continue whisking
with a hand whisk.
6. When mixture starts to thicken keep on whisking making sure that your whisk is
touching the bottom of the pan.
7. After cream has thicken remove from heat whisk the unsalted butter and transfer
cream to a bowl covering with plastic wrap making sure it touches the cream to
prevent a skin from forming the cream.
8. Use as desired.
Also Known as pâte sablée this recipe is really amazing for all sweet tarts. It can also be use to make basic cookies. Here Ive used icing sugar to give it more a mouthmelting taste like shortbread cookies.
250grms sifted flour
125grms unsalted butter at room temperature
65gms icing sugar
Pinch of salt
1. Cream butter and sugar with a hand or electric whisk
2. Add In egg and continue creaming
3. Add In flour and salt, mix until just combine.
4. Refrigerate the dough for 30mins before rolling.
5. This recipe fits In a 10inches tart mould easily
Today’s recipe is an indian sweet “carrot halwa” I am going to make it the Way my mother prepares it, since I am not from India Maybe the recipe Will not be totally the same. Its mostly a Mauritian recipe.
1 kg grated carrots
1 1/4 L full cream milk
1 canned of sweet condense milk
2 cinnamon sticks
3 cardamom pods
1 tsp cardamom powder
Pinch of salt
Pinch of nutmeg
2 tbsp ghee ( clarified butter)
Pistachio, almond, hazelnut or any nuts you want to decorate
1. Put the carrots in a heavy bottom pan together with the 1 1/4 litre of milk with
cardamom pods, nutmeg and cinnamon sticks and allow to boil on high heat for 20mins or
until carrots soften and starts to reduce stirring each 10mins.
2. Reduce heat to medium and continue to Cook.
3. After around 15 more minutes of cooking add the sweet condense milk stir and
continue to cook stirring constantly until all liquid evaporate. Taste it. If you want it
sweeter then add some sugar. Keep on cooking.
4. Add the ghee and keep stirring.
5. The halwa is done when completely dries out. Switch off the heat. Add the
cardamom powder and nuts mix well. Serve hot or cold.
Hello to everyone, for my first post am going to share an easy recipe “THE COCONUT MACAROONS” this recipe is so easy and taste so delicious so we proceed with the ingredients:
6oz of dessicated coconut
80grams of sugar
2 egg whites
1.Line base a baking tray with baking sheet and preheat the oven at 150 degree
2. In a large bowl add the coconut , sugar and mix them together, then add the egg whites and vanilla essence and mix well
3.Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto the baking tray
Bake for 18-20mins or until golden brown