Homemade strawberry jam
500grms fresh strawberry
1 tbsp lemon juice
50grms almond powder
2-3 tbsp water
Pinch of salt
Fresh strawberries cut into slices
1. In a saucepan add In all Ingredients for strawberry jam and allow to simmer on
medium heat. Once mixture thicken, becomes darker In colour then the jam is ready.
2. In a bowl add In flour, almond powder and salt. Mix together. Add In butter and rub In
until everything combine and no butter lumps remained. Add In water and Mix into a
3. Allow to rest for 20mins.
4. Grease a 24cm tart mould . Preheat oven 180°c.
5. Roll 3/4 of the dough 1/2 inch thick and cover The pan. Spread over The jam and top
with The sliced strawberries and sprinkle 1 tbsp confectionner sugar
6. Roll out The remaining dough cut into long strips and cover The tart. Brush with egg
7. Bake for 20mins.
8. Serve with tea .