This recipe is the Turkish easter bread , it’s my way of doing it since I have brought some changes to it. Like for example many original recipe calls for ground mahlep or mahlepi but here Ive used dry fruits peel and black currants. The rest is mostly The same. Its so delicious fills your home with delicious aroma.
250grms sifted all purpose flour
1 packet of instant dry yeast
50grms melted butter
1 egg+ 1 yolk for glazing
2 tbsp dry fruits peels and black currants
2 tbsp milk powder( optional)
1/2 cup lukewarm milk
1/4 cup sugar.
1. In a large bowl add milk sprinkle yeast over with some sugar allow to sit for 2-3mins
2. Add The rest of Ingredients.
3. Mix everything together to form a very soft dough, If you find that the mixture is not coming together then add a little bit of lukewarm milk.
4. Knead the dough for 3-5mins.
5. Put back into the bowl allow brush with some oil. Cover and allow to rise in a warm place for one hour or until double in size.
6. Transfer to your counter surface. Cut dough into 3 parts.
7. Roll into 3 strings Seal the top together and braid the strings, then Seal the end.
8. Transfer to your baking tray line up with parchment paper
9. Allow to proof for another 45mins
10. In the meantime preheat oven 180°C /350°F
11. Once dough has risen brush with the egg yolk
12. Bake for 20-25mins
13. Once removed from the oven allow to cool down 20mins before slicing.
14. Serve with butter , jam or honey
15. Or drizzle some vanilla glaze.