Cheese biscuits are many people’s favorite. There are so many different ways of preparing it. Today I am sharing a very quick and easy recipe made from scratch.
Here I am using 3/4 cup cheddar 1/4 cup french emmental but of course you can use only cheddar if you prefer to.
250grms cake flour
100grms butter cut into small cubes
1 cup thick yogurt
1/4 cup milk
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup grated cheddar
1/4 cup french emmental
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
To brush over the biscuits when they come out of the oven: 1 tbsp butter, a good pinch of paprika, a good pinch of garlic powder.
1. Sift flour In a large bowl. Preheat oven 180°c
2. Add in butter and rub into the flour with clean hands until there are no lumps of butter remain.
3. Add in the cheese, salt, parsley, garlic powder, mix well
4. Now add In the milk and yogurt and mix until everything just come together. Do not over mix. You Will have a dense biscuit
5. Form balls and Display on a baking sheet Line up with parchment paper
6. Bake in preheated oven for about 15-20mins
7. Remove and brush with the butter preparation.
8. Serve as you wish. Happy baking.