250grms self raising flour
200grms butter at room temperature
1/4 cup sourcream
1/2 cup fresh grated coconut
For the custard filling
1 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup sugar
3 egg yolks
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 small can thick nestle cream or 1 cup whipped double cream
1 cup Fresh coconut toasted
1. Grease a 24cm cake mould Line with parchment paper
2. Preheat oven 180°C
3. In a bowl add butter and whisk for 1 min with an electric mixer
4. Then add sugar and cream for 5-7mins until light and fluffy
5. Add in eggs one by one continue creaming
6. Add buttercream, vanilla and the fresh grated coconut mix everything well
7. Now add in flour in two batches mixing on low speed
8. Transfer the batter into the mould and bake for around 40mins or while pricking with a knife In the Middle it should come out clean.
9. Transfer the cake on a cooling rack and start preparing the pastry cream
10. PASTRY CREAM: In a saucepan heat coconut milk with vanilla essence
11. In a bowl cream egg yolks sugar and cornstarch
12. When the milk comes to boiling point remove from heat
13. Add a little to the egg mixture to temper it whisking quickly
14. Then add the rest of the milk whisking everything together.
15. Transfer the mixture to the saucepan. Cook whisking constantly until the cream thicken .
16. Remove from the saucepan transfer to a bowl. Cover with plastic film touching the surface of the cream to prevent the formation of a skin. Allow to cool.
17. Put the canned nestle cream In the fridge for 10mins
18. Cut the cake into two layers
19. Once the pastry cream has cool down add In the cold nestle cream and whisk with an electric mixer until pastry cream is smooth
20. Now add half of the cream in one layer sprinkle some toasted coconut
21. Cover with the other layer
22. Add the rest of the cream on top smooth out with a spatula then sprinkle the rest of the coconut. Let sit for at least 30mins before serving.