Ive always wanted to try some chewy peanut butter cookies soft on the inside and crunchy on the outside but for some reason or another I never got the result I wanted. After trying several recipes Ive come up with my own formulated recipe. I realised that after measuring the butter , If I remove 1 tbsp of it and replace it by organic coconut oil then the cookies remain softer inside. Of course you don’t want to overbake your cookies or bake on very high temperature. Then you will end up with a hard dry up cookie.
2 cups of self raising flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white granulated sugar
90grms unsalted butter
1 tbsp of organic coconut oil
3/4 cup of smooth or chunky peanut butter
Some bittersweet chocolate cut into chunks
Some hazelnut cut into pieces(optional)
1. Preheat oven 180°c and line up a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Sift the flour In a bowl.
3. In another bowl put together butter, coconut oil, peanut butter, and both sugar.
Cream with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
4. Add in vanilla extract and eggs one at a time and keep on mixing.
5. Add in flour and mix together on very low speed.
6. Cover the bowl with plastic wraps and refrigerate for 20mins
7. Remove the cookie dough from refrigerator shape into balls, flatten each balls and
put In a piece of bittersweet sweet chocolate In the middle, close them and roll into
balls again press In some hazelnut pieces on top. Place on baking tray a bit far from
8. Reduce the heat of the oven to 165°c and bake for 15-16mins
7. Remove. Let the cookies cool down and serve. Happy baking.