Cheese scone is my favorite scone. It can be served during breakfast, tea time, afternoon snack or anytime you want to eat it, there are no rules in eating. According to me the best cheese for scone is cheddar. It is so easy to make yet so delicious. The following recipe is a basic cheese scone now to this you can add anything you like for example dry herbs, paprika, sundried tomatoes, etc, etc.
225grms self raising flour
100grms( 1 cup) grated cheddar cheese
100grms butter cut into small cubes
130ml full cream milk
1 egg beaten to glaze
1/4 tsp salt.
1. In a large bowl sift flour.
2. Add in butter and rub in with both hands until there is no butter lumps in flour. Just
like when making shortcrust pastry.
3. Add in cheese and salt. Mix well.
4. Add in milk and just mix everything together. Do not work the dough too much you
will get a hard and dense scone instead of a light and fluffy one.
5. Allow to rest for 10mins.
6. In the meantime preheat oven at 180°c
7. Transfer the dough to your counter surface spread some flour and roll into 1/2 inch
thick. With a cookie cutter or any cutter cut into desired shape or you can even cut
into triangle shape with your knife. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle some cheese.
8. Bake for around 20mins or until lightly golden brown colour.
7. Here I am serving it with organic green tea and yogurt.