Kebab is so good to eat but eating fast food is not a good option. They re good to taste but very unhealthy for your body. Now many people have their way of preparing their meat for kebab but today We Will be talking about the bread. Pita bread, kebab bread so many version of it. In the following recipe I am sharing a bread recipe of what I usually see in my surrounding kebab grill restaurant. Of course this is my way of making it.
yields :3 breads
250grms plain flour
1 packet of instant dry yeast
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
160ml lukewarm water
1. In a bowl add in half of the water, sugar and yeast. Let it stand for 5mins or until
yeast has dissolved.
2. Add in flour, olive oil salt and the rest of the water, mix until just combine then
transfer dough to your counter surface and knead for around 10mins. Please do not
add flour if the dough is a bit sticky. Kneading the dough allow gluten to develop
therefore absorbing the water.
3. After kneading transfer the dough to a non greased bowl. Put In a warm place for 1
hour or until double in size.
4. Transfer to your counter surface cut into 3 parts and shape into a rectangular form
as shown in picture. Brush with water and cover allowing to rise for another 45mins-
5. In the meantime preheat oven 200°c
6. Flip a baking sheet upside down sprinkle with flour, transfer your bread on it and
bake for 20mins, the bread should remain white, if it starts taking colourthen reduce.
the temperature to 180°c.
7. Remove from oven let cool for 15mins
8. Et voilà kebab bread ready. Here Ive used it for my homemade chicken kebab.