Homemade traditional french baguette Known in France as ” baguette tradition” it is just out of this world delicious the aroma, the texture, there are no words to describe that. Although we have many artisan baker next to us, still making my own baguettes from time to time is fun and great since homemade taste is unbeatable.
300grms white bread flour
200grms all purpose flour
2 packet instead dry yeast or 11grms (25grms fresh yeast)
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
320ml lukewarm water.
1. In a bowl add water sugar and yeast give a quick mix then immediately add salt and
2. Transfer to the counter surface knead for only 5mins.
6. Put dough in a non greased plastic bowl cover and allow to rise for around 5hours
but most importantly deflating the dough each hour in between the 5hours with
7. After 5hours transfer the dough to your counter surface without deflating it cut into
3 or 4 equal parts depending on how big you want your baguettes to be.
8. Make each piece of dough into rectangular shape then roll from outside to inside
then roll into baguettes. Place the baguettes on a clean kitchen towel dusted with
flour. Using a sharp knife make some slits over the baguettes, if using poppyseeds
or sesame seeds then dampen the baguettes with water using a brush then press
the seeds over the baguettes. For those not using any seeds simply dust with some
9. Allow to proof for 45mins.
10. In the meantime preheat oven 200°C with a baking tray upside on Middle shelf then
an empty oven dish at the bottom of the oven.
11. After the proofing is done, remove the hot tray from the oven Line with a parchment
paper sprinkle with some flour or some find semolina then carefully transfer the
baguettes on the hot tray and put back In the oven.
12. Now for the empty dish In the bottom throw In some ice cubes to create steam.
The steam Will make the baguettes get a creamy crust and flavour. Bake for 20mins
13. Remove from the oven let the baguettes cool for 10-15mins before serving. Et voilà
la baguette est prête. Bon appétit