Garlic bread is undisputably delicious and making it with pizza dough is just awesome. The following recipe is very easy peasy with a pizza dough made from scratch.
For the pizza dough:
250grms all purpose flour sifted
1 packet 7grms dry instant yeast
1/2 tsp sugar
3 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup lukewarm water
1/2 tsp of powdered garlic
1/4 tsp salt
For the garlic preparation :
2 cloves of garlic crushed or grated
2 tbsp olive oil or melted butter
Some dry oregano for sprinkle on top
1. Put water in a large bowl, add in sugar and yeast. Allow to sit for 2-3mins
2. Add in the rest of the Ingredients for the pizza dough if you see that the water is not
enough add 2-3 tbsps additionnel lukewarm water.
3. Transfer the dough the counter surface knead for around 10mins until dough is soft
4. Grease a bowl transfer the dough to the bowl cover with a kitchen towel allow to rise
in a warm place for around 1hr or until double in size.
5. In the meantime preheat oven 200°c ( 400°f).
6. Once the dough has risen transfer to counter surface roll into an 8-10 inches circle.
7. Put on a baking tray Line with parchment paper
8. Mix the garlic and olive oil together, then brush on the pizza dough sprinkle with
some salt. Cut into strips of 3cmx6cm add cheese and sprinkle with oregano and
some garlic powder.
9. Bake for 15-20mins
10. Once the garlic bread comes out of the oven run your pizza wheel into the strips
again and serve as desired.
Here I am serving it with spicy olive oil.