Slow cooked pulled beef is so delicious and juicy. It is ideal for sandwiches. I remember the days when I was still in my native country living with my parents, my mother never really liked cooking meat in pressure cooker. She has always preferred to let the meat cook slowly in a pot or a dutch oven. We have around 5 To 6 dutch oven which my Mum used to prepare almost every meal. In my case my dutch oven is way too big for this recipe since I am preparing only for hubby and me. Therefore I’ll be using my stone pot.
1 lb chuck meat ( Ive divided it into 3 but you can cook it as a whole)
2 large onion slice thinly
4 cloves of garlic cut into half
2 tbsp concentrated tomato paste
1 tbsp barbecue sauce
1 tbsp of my barbecue marinate rub spice
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1/2 tbsp paprika powder
1/2 tsp ginger powder or fresh ginger paste
1 L of beef stock or water
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Wash meat pat dry with kitchen towel, rub with some salt and pepper
2. In a large pot coat with 3 tbsp olive oil cook the meat around 4 minutes on each
3. Turn off the heat when the meat has got some colour on it on both sides.
4. Now add all the Ingredients mention above. Remember that the meat should be
completely immerse in the liquid. If after adding the 1 L of liquid the meat has not
been completely covered then add more.
5. Now allow to cook on medium heat for around 2 hours.
6. After two hours, check the meat, it should be very tender and start to break very
easily. If this is not the case, then let it Cook for a further 1 hour by adding in 2-3
cups of water to the thick gravy.
7. Turn the heat off. Remove the meat from the gravy onto à Plate break it apart with
8. Put the shreaded beef back into the gravy and cook on very slow heat for further
9. Here I am serving it as a sandwich with my homemade viennois bread( recipe
available on my blog ) some coleslaw salad. Enjoy this sandwich with a fresh