Roasted chicken has so many versions. I already have two other version on this blog and today I am going to make two other recipe. The first one is like a spicy roast chicken with some indian spices in it and the another one is a garlic mustard chicken.
2 small poultry
1st chicken marinate:
1 tbsp cumin powder
1/2 tbsp garam masala
1/2 tbsp turmeric powder.
2 tbsp concentrated tomato paste
1 tbsp raz el hanout
3 cloves of garlic crushed
1/2 tsp chilli powder
2 tbsp yogurt
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt to taste
2nd chicken marinate:
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 chicken stock cube crushed
1/2 tsp Provence herbs
1/2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves of garlic crushed
Salte to taste(be careful with salt the chicken stock is already very salty)
50grms cold butter cut into small cubes
Some veggies to accompany the chicken :
3 tomatoes cut into big cubes
Green Bell pepper cut into cubes
4 onions ( 2 cut into large cubes and 2 cut into thick rings)
5 cloves of garlic
- wash and pat dry your birds with kitchen towel (note that it is important to dry the chicken to achieve a crispy topping.
- Make slits in both chicken thights
- For the first bird’s marinate : mix all Ingredients together into a thick paste, rub all over the chicken, undeneath the skin of the chicken breast and thights. Let it marinate for at least 12hours .
- For the second bird’s marinate: mix all Ingredients together except for butter. Take the chicken and push the small butter cubes underneath the skin. Now with the help of a brush or spoon spread the marinate all over the chicken . Let it marinate for at least 12 hours.
- Preheat oven 180°C
- Fill both the chickens’ cavity with half a lemon and some parsley or any herbs you like
- In your roasting dish spread 2 tbsp olive oil and arrange the onion rings into 2 lines
- Lay the chickens over the onion rings, this help the Heat to circulate around the chicken therefore there is no need of turning the chicken around during the roasting process. This process can be used if you are not using a rack to put the chicken on.
- Arrange the rest of the veggies around the chicken
- Roast the chicken for around 40-45mins.
- Prick a knife in the chickens’ thights if the juice run clear then the chicken is cooked if the juice is a light pink then roast for a further 10-15mins
- Take out of the oven, cover with aluminium foil or a large bowl and allow the chicken to rest for 15-20mins.
- Serve with roasted potatoes, salades .