Mac and cheese one of the most indulgent macaroni ever. Everyone has their own version of preparing it and especially the amount and types of cheese they want to use in the preparation. When it comes to cheese you can put as much as you want. And the type of cheese also depend up your taste. Here I am using pasta cheese( a mixture of mozzarella, emmental and parmigiano reggiano), cheddar and granello.
250g cheddar cheese gratter
125g pasta cheese
125g granello cheese
5 tbsp breadcrumbs
500g pasta ( here ive chosen italian gnocchis of course you can use any kind you prefer)
Salt and pepper
5 tbsp butter
5 tbsp flour
4 cups of full cream milk
- Boil water in a large sauce pan with some salt
- When water starts to boil add pasta and cook for 10-15mins
- Drain pasta, run under cold water to stop cooking process. Reserve.
- Now for the bechamel sauce, in a sauce pan add butter let it melt, then add flour and Cook for 1 mins, now add milk in a thin stream and whisk very quickly to prevent the flour from creating lumps into the milk. Add salt and pepper.
- Keep on whisking until the bechamel thicken. The sauce is ready when it caught the back of your spoon.
- Add half of the cheddar cheese and the pasta cheese mix well until melted
Mix the pasta into the cream.
- Grease an oven glass dish with olive oil, throw in half of the pasta top with some cheddar then add the other half of the pasta top with the remaining pasta cheese
Now prepare the crust : mix the breadcrumbs with the granello cheese
Cover the pasta with the crust .
- Bake in preheated oven 180°C for about 15mins or until the crust is golden brown. Bon appétit