There are so many version of bell pepper salad, especially in the arabic world pepper is one of their most use vegetable, there they have many kinds of salad using this particular veggie. But this recipe is one of the simplest bell pepper salad, its my own version ; a basic one. From this basic salad you can add anything you like for example olive, pine nuits, tuna fish, parsley and ricotta cheese. Or you can use it as a side dish with pasta, grilled salmon, roasted chicken etc etc. There are infinite ways of using this salad.
4 red bell peppermint
2 cloves of garlic
Salt and pepper To taste
- Wash and dry the bell peppers with kitchen towel
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, if you do not have parchment paper u can grease your baking tray with some vegetable oil or use aluminium foil.
- Preheat the oven 200°c
- Put the pepper on the tray and drizzle some olive oil over each one. Here I am using bio extra virgin olive oil with basilic for a change. If not I always use the plain bio extra Virgin oil.
- Roast the peppers in the preheated oven for around 20mins
- After 20mins take the baking sheet out and with the help of a fork turn the peppers the upper side down. Put back in the oven and roast for another 20mins or until the skin becomes dark and crispy.
- Remove from the oven
- Now gather the peppers together on the sheet and cover them with cling film for 10mins. This process help to soften the peppers therefore allowing the skins to peel off more easily.
- In the meantime chop 2 cloves of garlic finely.
- Getting back to the peppers, remove the cling film, start peeling off the skins and take off the seeds. You should remain with clean flesh of the peppers
Cut the flesh into strips or cubes whichever way you prefer, set aside.
- In a saute pan or skillet put around 2 tbsp of olive oil. Once heated put the chopped garlic, saute for around 20seconds then add the peppers and cook for 2-3mins.
- Season with salt and pepper and drizzle some lemon juice. Ready to serve!