Brioche is the favorite viennoiserie of many people especially in Europe. But now it is widely spread in the US also. If we take a look at the real techniques of making brioche it can be quite complicated for many people since there are many steps to follow and many hours to wait. This recipe is an instant one yet giving the same moist flavourful brioche.
250g all purpose flour
5.5g or 1 1/4 tsp instant dry yeast
3 tbsp of milk powder
50g melted butter
5 tbsp sugar
pinch of salt
1 egg yolk for glazing
1/4 cup lukewarm water
- Grease a 10inches non stick loaf pan with butter.
- Dissolve the yeast in the lukewarm water sprinkle some sugar. Let it sit for 3mins, allowing the yeast to activate
- In a bowl sift in flour with pinch of salt and milk powder then add sugar
- Make a well in the center add in melted butter, vanilla essence, egg, and the yeast mix until everything is combined. If the mixture is not coming together add a little more warm water.
- Take the dough out of the bowl put it on your counter surface and knead until very soft, this should take around 10mins.
- Put the dough back into the bowl and brush the top with some melted butter cover it and let it rise for around 1hr in a warm place.
- After 1hr take the dough back on the counter and knead it for around 2mins
- shape 3 equal balls
- line the balls in the greased pan. Cover it and let it rise for another 30-45mins
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350F).
- Beat egg yolk and brush the brioche. Sprinkle sugar on top and bake for about 20 -25 minutes or until golden brown.